Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introduction to My blog

For all those who have read me from Against Biblical Counseling, this is my fun blog, that I will update periodically. On it, I talk about issues of race, class, sex, gender, religion, etc. as they pertain to science fiction. The picture from the left is of one of my favorite science fiction shows, Blake's 7. I am one of the few Americans under 30 whose even heard of the show (and I won't be under 30 for much longer). Blake's Seven was trendsetting in its approach to political issues. What really set it apart was that the Che Gueverra like good-guy, Blake, was often in the wrong, a trait not seen in American science fiction till Farscape and Firefly (two other shows that I like). Blake's 7, more than any other series, set the bar for the series to come after and so far that, here's a big "cheers" for rebel Blake, thief Vila, cynic Avon, and the rest of Blake's motley crew. Too bad they don't produce science fiction like this anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Just testing out the comment function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budd showed me this blog and as a lefty scifi/fantasy fan I'm enjoying the read so far.

    ReplyDelete