Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finally ordered Avatar, Modern Political Sci-Fi

Well, I bit the bullet and finally ordered the 3 disc Collector's edition of Avatar (non-blu-ray) in an attempt to find out whether I can truly take this film. I must admit, to me, it sounds like "Last of the Mohicans in Space," with the typical regrettable streotypes of indigenous peoples found in every science fiction novel since Little Fuzzy. Since the film has been "unobtainiumable" for me for a while (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist), I've debated whether my money would be better spent on other sci-fi films. I still have yet to see District 9, which sounds like a more interesting premise, or Moon, which sounds better written. So, of the major (or minor) sci-fi films of the last 3 years, which has been the most politically important.

No comments:

Post a Comment