Monday, December 20, 2010

Space Precinct: Cop Shows in Space

So what is your guys opinions on space cop shows like Space Precinct, Star Cops, and Star Rangers. I am thinking of asking for Space Precinct for my birthday, as it looks like an interesting series, but some of its predecessors in the space cops genre do not impress me. There was a really good law show set in the future that aired ten years ago, and during the height of ER, there was Mercy Point, a space hospital show, but basically its very hard to find a market for these kinds of specialized series. It's too bad, though i'm not really one to encourage the Orwellian boot of law enforcement to migrate into space.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen any spacecop shows that weren't kids cartoons. I didn't actively avoid them, ust never saw them.

    In my current state of mind I wouldn't want to bother to see them anyway. All the CSIs, Law and Orders, blah blah blahs in the world I don't really need a space version of it.

    But that's just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I think there were at least 3 space cop shows that were not cartoon series, plus a couple series like Babylon 5 that featured cops in significant roles.

    ReplyDelete