Thursday, July 22, 2010

Klingon Bible

I thought you all might want to know about my next story, which since there's no hope of publishing it, will not violate any copyright restrictions. It's based on the esoteric adventures of a KLV Bible salesman, who goes to a sci-fi conference, ostensibly to save souls, but in reality to indulge in some of the "darker" aspects of Trek (talked about in a previous post). I'm hoping to make this as outrageous as it sounds.
What do you think of efforts to translate the Bible, Shakespeare, etc. into Klingon? Is it a tremendous waste of time, a sign of Western decadence, a harmless diversion? Personally, I'm not sure. I do, however, find Trekkies obsession with their favorite series more than a little unnerving, especially when considering how inferior Trek is to Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Farscape, Babylon 5, Firefly, and the BSG reboot. Come on guys! The time of Trek is gone. Let's get some new ideas already!

No comments:

Post a Comment