Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Spielberg Science Fiction Series

Has anyone heard about this new Spielberg science fiction series, Falling Skies? It looks potentially intriguing, but I'm hesitant to give Spielberg my endorsement on anything. E.T. and Close Encounters were nauseating in their cuteness and coyness, as was much of his eighties output (of course his non-sci fi is great.). On the other hand, he did a very good job with A.I. I thought, so maybe he can bring another hip political sci-fi show onto the air. Lets hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Hrrmmm.... I actually thought ABC's "Invasion" had a pretty good shot, but ended up getting too melodrama-y and overshadowed by LOST. "V" was a train-wreck from the start.

    I didn't mind Close Encounters (though it always confused me why they were so terrifying at the start and nice at the end). ET has not held up well. They pulled the punch for what SHOULD have been the ending of AI, though I actually liked "Minority Report"...

    ReplyDelete